To be entered to win a $500 amazon gift card
1) Subscribe to this youtube channel
2) Follow me on instagram @vasseurbeauty https://www.instagram.com/vasseurbeauty/?hl=en
3) Like and comment a heart emoji on my most recent instagram post. I will select a winner from my instagram comments on November 30th! This giveaway is international – good luck!!
♡ MATERIALS ♡
⇒ Nail tool kit https://amzn.to/32rv3sQ
⇒ Nail file coarse grit 100* what I use https://amzn.to/36O0wsx
⇒ Nail glue https://amzn.to/36PFdHe
⇒ Nails- shown in video https://amzn.to/2WZZepI
*mine are color L5176 but they come in a bunch of other colors and styles!
⇒ Other nails I like https://amzn.to/2Cw7ODg
♡ NAIL PREP ♡
– Start with clean dry nails. Don’t do this after getting out of the shower or pool.
– Cut nails (optional) – they do look better from the back if your nails are short
– Push down cuticles (do not use any cuticle oil or lotion, nails must remain completely dry and clean).
– File nail bed- use a regular nail file for 3-7 days of wear, use a coarse grit 100 nail file for 2-3 weeks of wear. File in one direction, 5-6 passes of each nail and make sure all parts of nail are filed. **This is the step that will make them last!
– Select nails that fit each finger
– SHAPE NAILS with file to customize them to fit each nail perfectly! **This is the most important step for making them look real & natural.
– Open a fresh bottle of nail glue for each manicure.
– Put one drop of nail glue on the base of the fake nail
– Put 2 drops of nail glue on your real nail (cover nail fully!)
– Position fake nail onto nail bed, make sure it’s positioned straight and pushed all the way down to meet the cuticle.
– Hold down for 30 FULL SECONDS! You will feel right away if it doesn’t feel secure. If it doesn’t you didn’t use enough glue or didn’t hold long enough and redo.
– Repeat for all nails
– Finishing touches: you can file, cut or shape the tips or even paint them if you’d like
– DO NOT SHOWER or come into contact with water for 2-3 hours after application. I typically do them at night. This will set them into place
I wear these for 2-3 weeks, usually a little over 2 weeks due to regrowth
♡ REMOVAL ♡
Method 1 – To preserve nails for future use
Soak nails in warm water for 30-40 minutes to loosen glue. Use a spare nail and slide it under the fake nail and pop the nail off. I have only ever reused a set of nails 2x because of glue buildup on the fake nail bed which makes it harder to bond to your nail. You could try to file the interior of the fake nail to remove the glue residue but I have not tried it.
Method 2 – faster & easier
First cut tips of nails with nail clippers, then soak nails in acetone for 15-20 minutes and use a spare nail and slide it under the fake nail and pop the nail off
♡ F T C ♡ This video is not sponsored and all items were purchased by me. Some affiliate links are used, which I earn a small commission from. This helps support and improve my channel. If you would like to support me, thank you, otherwise please feel free to search anything mentioned in Google to find where to purchase them. Thanks so much!
♡ A B O U T T H I S V I D E O ♡
this is my easy do it yourself at home fake nails at home method, nails at home, nails acrylic, fake nails, fake nails tutorial, fake nails at home, fake nails no acrylic, press on nails, press on nails tutorial, press on nails that last, better than polygel nails, & gel nails (in my opinion!)
♡ Thank you for watching and PLEASE SUBSCRIBE if you are new! I upload new videos every week! ♡